Saturday 12 November 2011

Grocery Shopping

You know, I really miss grocery shopping while having a car. Have to plan what your going to buy and how many heavy items you want to get is stupid. And then taking everything on the bus is a pain in the ass, and no, I'm not going to pay $30 for a taxi to take me home.

I'm going to Toronto wednesday to see Jamie Oliver next week and I'm renting a car to get there and back (in time for class thursday morning). I planning on picking up the car at 8am, but I don't need to be in Toronto until 8pm and it's a five hour drive. So I'm going to go grocery shopping, a big haul, since I don't have to carry it (except to the car). When I went to get dinner yesterday I planned on not getting many heavy items since I'll do it wednesday. What was on sale, on really good sales? All the freaking heavy items. And I couldn't ignore some of them. I hope there's still good sales wednesday so I can stock my shelves.

Another thing that really annoys me about grocery shopping. People and how they drive/park their carts. They all walk really slowly, while in the middle of the aisle. Hello, there's room for both of us if you either move over or don't just leave your cart blocking the whole aisle, thank you very much. And the way people drive their shopping carts. I mean, most of them have a driver's license (which is terrifying). Shopping cart driving rules should be similar to driving a car, duh.

I should never go to Loblaws again on a Friday afternoon, not a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment