Wednesday 11 April 2012

Life Updates

Hello everyone! I know I haven't posted in... awhile. This is my first post under the new blogger platform. I haven't really made up my mind on how I feel about it. I think I'm just not one for changes on the internet. If things are working, leave them, haha. I'll warm up to it, I'm sure.

So, life. Things have happened, things haven't happened since I last wrote.
I officially got my rejection emails from UVIC law and UBC law, which I expected. It's never fun to get rejected though, expected or not. I'm hoping to resit my LSAT in October, giving me the whole summer and a bit to practice, practice, practice. I need to knock it out of the ballpark. What will I be doing this year? I'll be working full time, and I'm hoping to get into UVIC under a non-degree seeking status to take one or two classes over fall and winter. My dad wants this so I can stay on his medical, which I agree. And maybe I can still get CPP cheques? Never hurts to get money from the government. Never.

I've looked at some classes at UVIC that I might want to take. Consumer Psychology. That sounds interesting. I love everything to do with how people react (unknowingly) to advertising and products and shopping and all that stuff. It's fascinating. There's an international politics course I want to take, I can't remember it's exact name, but it sounds interesting! And there's another politics course on Public Policy Advising or writing, something like that. I feel that would be helpful in law. Of course, all these decisions on what class to take depends on what year I'm admitted as and what classes I'm allowed to take and what my current classes transfer in to.

My last day of classes was yesterday! I just have to make it through finals next week and then I'm a undergraduate in Criminology! Woo hoo! I'll have another piece of paper to add to my wall :P And then right after my last final, I fly off to Maui! Literally, less than twelve hours after my last final I'll be on the plane. Final = April 24th, 7pm-10pm; Takeoff = April 25th, 8:45am.

I am getting very excited for Maui. I've been slowly getting things ready and buying what I need to buy. I bought the Underwater Digicam from Photojojo.com


I haven't full tested it out, since I don't go swimming and it's not warm enough here to chill at the beach! It is waterproof though, my sink tested that out. It's lo-fi, but I just want something that I can take with me where ever so I don't miss out on anything. Especially when snubing. I would have bought an underwater housing bag for my DSLR, but I would've been too chicken to test it out, haha. The risk vs. reward wasn't a good ratio to me. I have to buy a Micro SD card for it though.

I also bought some proper sunglasses last week. A nice pair of Ray Bans. I have RB's as my eyeglasses, and love how light they look. I've had them for a year and they haven't been broken yet, so I trust them. They didn't have the funky colours that I wanted, but that might've been a good thing, haha!

Another exciting thing about going to Maui is that my Aunt is going to come scoop me away and we're going for lunch during my 7 hour layover in Vancouver. Ahh, West Coast air!

What else has happened? Hmm... the 9th was the one year mark when my mom passed away. I just lazed around that day and watched tv and movies. I did go out to get a hot chocolate and I finally found a Starbucks that had the Daffodil pins in stock. If you didn't know, April is Cancer Awareness Month (Daffodil Month)! Go out and donate and pick up a pin!

Nothing else besides all that. I'm looking forward to May 15th, Diablo 3 is released! Goodbye life. June 3rd is convocation and pretty much all my family is coming out to Ottawa :) Then I get to move home, finally! I get to see familiar faces and get back into being social! And driving. Boy do I miss driving. It's almost been a year since I've driven a car. I feel like I'm missing a part of me :(

Right now I'm doing some calculations and math stuffs for Janine and I's road trip to Cali in 2012. 2 weeks on the road, comic con, san fran, LA, Las Vegas, Seattle, Portland. Can't get much better than that! Have a good day, I'll be doing some posts on my room design and wishlists and some photos!


No comments:

Post a Comment